Saturday 14 June 2008

Be happy Chennai

The above picture taken in front of Charminar, Hyderabad is an accident. The cyclist in the photo was not in the original frame but came in when I clicked. Just zooming through, intersecting oncoming autos and nothing happened except for my heart. Then I found that this is how everyone behaves on road there. You don't have to stop for anyone. You just go and others go around you. But then I saw a fight between a biker and an auto driver because of some brushing while on the way to Secunderabad.

By the way the autos there don't use meters but are very reasonable. I should say cheap compared to Chennai. Then autos at any other place is cheaper than at Chennai. Still the autos are looked at as underdogs by some here!

Anyways after a few days in Secunderabad and Hyderabad I thought I am going overboard with the situation in Chennai. Chennai traffic is faaaar better comparatively.

1 comments:

The Pseudonym said...

There is mighty big indiscipline on the roads of chennai. "No Braking" protocal. Bikes, cyclists,cars autos, buses just tend to go around behind, in front of a pedestrian or a stationary vehicle in the middle of the road. Also we have this huge problem where when you are standing at a red signal people keep honking from behind to take a left turn Most people don't even stop for these signals. Classic example can be found at Flowers road when you have to take a left . I think I will take my camcorder along today.

Add to Technorati Favorites
 

blogger templates | Make Money Online